Welcome!

Welcome to austinagrodolce … My family and I garden with more intention and enthusiasm than allocated budget or overall design plan. It shows. Wildlife populations don't seem to notice our lack of cohesive design, they just like the native plants here. It seems by growing local we've thrown out a welcome mat. Occasionally, we're surprised at who (and what) shows up.



Friday, September 5, 2008

Produced Redux

What to do with leftover amazing salsa verde?That was my question day before yesterday. My answer? "Pasta sauce!".

I chopped up some leftover grilled chicken, boiled up some capellini, thinned the salsa a bit with chicken stock as it had thickened after refrigeration, and served it all up topped with grated Grana Padano Stravecchio.I rounded that out with panini-fied rosemary bread from the Old World Bakery, and a salad composed of every fresh good thing I could find in either my garden beds or my refrigerator.

For dessert? The news that the frogs, well, one frog, has taken up residence around our backyard pool. This might sound silly to you but to me that means our ongoing attempts to garden and keep a home without the use of harsh chemicals has just received the "Texas Whateveritis Frog Croaking on Behalf of Rachel Carson" Seal of Amphibial Approval.Delicious, fresh dinner with little fuss or muss. Fauna sharing the space with our flora. The waning days of summertime don't finish up much better than that.

3 comments:

Flapjacks said...

way to use leftovers! one of my biggest problems...

Flapjacks said...

oh, and how can i con you into linking to my blog...? the secrets of indian food reveled?

TexasDeb said...

Consider yourself linked, boyo.

Although, if you ARE interested in putting together a primer of the terms we newbies all ought to know in order to more gracefully plumb the depths of Indian cuisine, sign me up!