Welcome!

Welcome to austinagrodolce … My family and I garden with more intention and enthusiasm than allocated budget or overall design plan. It shows. Wildlife populations don't seem to notice our lack of cohesive design, they just like the native plants here. It seems by growing local we've thrown out a welcome mat. Occasionally, we're surprised at who (and what) shows up.



Sunday, May 20, 2012

Little helpers everywhere

When I work out in our garden beds, I am often caught up with making plans for what I want to try next.

There are paths to be created (I realize paths are optimally put in BEFORE a garden bed is planted, but some of the time that is not the way things work out) and plant sizes or growing habits to be considered.  Shade patterns change, drought reveals the relative toughness of some plants as opposed to others.

What I typically manage to forget, is that though I am out and about pretty frequently, there are full time garden workers busy out there day in and day out, rain or shine, working away on projects all their own.





Really, this is their garden at least as much as (if not more than) mine.

6 comments:

Tina said...

Critters have their own agenda!

TexasDeb said...

Hi Tina! The critters seem to be all about the Eat or Be Eaten stuff lately. We put little bags around ripening strawberries to keep birds/squirrels from taking them only to find the entire stem taken, strawberry, bag, and all. We live and learn and so do they....

Anonymous said...

Love the beetle in the last picture!

Sarah

TexasDeb said...

Thanks Sarah. I think it is a variety of stink bug. Regardless, love the patterns on the shell.

Anonymous said...

Well ick, I'm not a fan of the stinkbug. I will say though, you guys have a classier version than we have in Alexandria.

Sarah

Cat said...

Isn't that the truth!? I will occasionally feel like a visitor when I slow down enough to inspect all the wonderful goings on in my garden. It is teeming with life!