Welcome!

Welcome to austinagrodolce … My family and I garden with more intention and enthusiasm than allocated budget or overall design plan. It shows. Wildlife populations don't seem to notice our lack of cohesive design, they just like the native plants here. It seems by growing local we've thrown out a welcome mat. Occasionally, we're surprised at who (and what) shows up.



Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Something Blue

I was out with my camera recently, trying to capture Beauty Bush berries in shafts of morning sunlight.  I didn't even see this mockingbird ghosting around in the background until I was editing. I'm guessing this particular bird is an adolescent due to the not yet fully developed markings.  Just the sort of sketchy behavior I'd expect out of a teenager.










In case you didn't catch it previously?  Something Blue, explained.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Mockingbirds looove those beauty berries. He does look young,though--trying to sneak by you.

TexasDeb said...

Tina: I like watching the mockingbirds going after the berries almost as much as they enjoy eating them. This new youngster is quite possessive of the one large bush out front.

I'm not sure what happens when the established adults in the area decide they want berries as usual. I just hope I have my camera handy when they do.