Welcome!

Welcome to austinagrodolce … My family and I garden with more intention and enthusiasm than allocated budget or overall design plan. It shows. Wildlife populations don't seem to notice our lack of cohesive design, they just like the native plants here. It seems by growing local we've thrown out a welcome mat. Occasionally, we're surprised at who (and what) shows up.



Friday, September 18, 2009

Run this up the pole and see if anybody salutes...

Please pardon me but now that it has cooled off a bit here in Central Texas I have weeks worth of weeding and other work to catch up on out of doors. So while I will be cooking (and eating, no worries about that!) I may not have time to post much here for a bit.

Before you click off however, I did want to share these wonders originally stumbled across on DesignBoom when I stopped for a glass of water a moment ago.

Food Flags of the world. From the DesignBoom site description:
to help promote the sydney international food festival, WHYBIN/TBWA came up with these ads that show different national flags created using foods associated with a specific country.

These are absolutely genius (and yes yes that IS an overworked word but these totally are!)... Take a look at a few of my favorites:


More of these vexillological beauties can be found right here....Enjoy!

2 comments:

Iris said...

VERY cool! Maybe one of these flags will give me an inspiration for what to make for dinner tonight! I've got tons of weeding to do, too. I don't mind it nearly as much when I can look around and see other happy plants. Except nutgrass--hate it the most always.

TexasDeb said...

I feel your nutgrass pain, Iris. I swear I heard the Bermuda grass snickering as I was pulling it out of the front beds by the handful.