Welcome!

Welcome to austinagrodolce … My family and I garden with more intention and enthusiasm than allocated budget or overall design plan. It shows. Wildlife populations don't seem to notice our lack of cohesive design, they just like the native plants here. It seems by growing local we've thrown out a welcome mat. Occasionally, we're surprised at who (and what) shows up.



Monday, January 12, 2009

Candy for the New Economy

I struggle with a tendency to move from one stress inducing situation to the next without ever taking time to rest on my laurels, to enjoy the lulls in between.

Do you do that?  Get one thing done that you were apprehensive about for whatever reason and then once it is safely past do you dive right in to anxiety over that next thing that you don't look forward to rather than simply relaxing for a bit?

I believe I have made some progress along those lines so today I will allow a bit of a look ahead.  In this case I've found something that is simply too good to wait to share.
For all of us who are more annoyed than delighted by the Foof and Folderol that have become Valentine's Day and who don't have anything else between now and then to feed that sense of creeping dread?  A delightful change of pace from those creative folks at Demotivators:"Bittersweets - Valentine's Candy for the Rest of Us".

[From their site]"Now available in THREE unique collections- "Dejected", "Dysfunctional", and "Dumped"- with each featuring up to 37 unique sayings each!
"Dejected" sayings include:

I MISS MY EX | PEAKED AT 17 | MAIL ORDER | TABLE FOR 1
I CRY ON Q | U C MY BLOG? | LOSS LEADER | A FINE WHINE
MOMMY ISSUES | DIGNITY FREE | DORK MAGNET | PURE NAUSEA
WE HAD PLANS | MAIL ORDER | SETTLE 4LESS | I'M HOT INSIDE

"Dysfunctional" sayings include:

ANNULMENT | I BEEN CREEPIN | HE CAN LISTEN | GAME ON TV
CALL A 900# | P.S. I LUV ME | DO MY DISHES | BOOTY INFL8N
PAROLE IS UP! | AWFUL INLAWS | SUB PRIME | I WANT HALF
RETURN 2 PIT | NO FIX 4 DUMB | RATHER DRINK | MUTUAL DISGUST

"Dumped" sayings include:

I GOT SOBER | HE FIT U FAT | U LEFT SEATUP | USED U 4 FUN
JUST A FRIEND | BACK 2 KENNEL | DORKA PHOBIC | U HAVE A BLOG
RUSSIAN BRIDE | CELEB8 THX2U | DOG IS CUTER | TRADIN YOU IN
FORGET WE MET | KISS A FROG | SHE IS 22! | HE HAS A JOB"

I especially enjoyed the flavor names: Banana Chalk, Grape Dust, Nappy-Citric, You-Call-This-Lime?, Pink Sand and Fossilized Antacid.

You will want to get your order(s) in early before I snap all these up myself. Think of it as a patriotic gesture to stimulate our flagging post holiday economy. Personal Favorite Bittersweet Heart statement so far? "Aging Poorly".

4 comments:

PassivePastry said...

i must have these.

Flapjacks said...

yes, me too. i need one that says, "does not appeal to younger women".

wv = unestshe; as in: I don't appeal to younger women unestshe is mature for her age...

Anonymous said...

Hey, you redecorated! I'm gone for a holiday or two and look what happens!

TexasDeb said...

Pastry/Flap - these candies are more fun to read than eat I reckon. But that's always been the case with "conversation hearts". It was time for somebody to address their continuing popularity with some more culturally attuned comments.

Charlie - I more undecorated than redecorated. Just like with the house immediately after Christmas. Thanks for noticing!